Sr. HR Generalist - Full time - Portland
Who is XeniumHR?
XeniumHR is an HR & Employer Services company based in Tualatin, Oregon. Our teams of HR, payroll, and benefit professionals support small and medium sized employers that have limited or no internal HR resources, as well as those with internal HR staff who can benefit from our support and expertise.
What is an HR Onsite?
XeniumHR Onsite employees -
- Represent the “face” of XeniumHR
- Are the go-to for day to day HR guidance and support
- Work in collaboration with their XeniumHR leadership and support colleagues to ensure effective implementation and delivery of HR practices and systems
Client Name/Headquarters: Opal, Portland, Oregon – NW area Client website: workwithopal.com
Work Location: Flexibility to be remote Hours of Position: Full time
Overview of HR services for this client:
- Responds to HR questions from managers and employees, including managing HR Service Desk ticketing system.
- Maintains HRIS systems.
- Manages full cycle onboarding and offboarding of employees.
- Administers client benefit plans, including coordination with broker for COBRA notices and other regulatory requirements.
- Works with managers to ensure that all the proper documentation is in place for all aspects of HR as well as providing disciplinary and coaching support. Utilizes HRBP for assistance/guidance with technical and strategic HR issues.
- Participates in employee counseling and termination meetings as appropriate.
- Works with the HRBP in implementing HR project deliverables to include such as HR systems, processes and policies, and other client company objectives.
- Manages and assists in the development of people systems and recognition programs.
- Works closely with Recruiter and hiring managers to schedule and complete onboarding of new employees. Schedules and conducts new hire and benefits orientations.
- Assists with tracking on-time performance reviews. Reviews incoming performance reviews for completeness and obtains appropriate signatures.
- Works with the Xenium team to produce the appropriate leave paperwork and tracks all leaves for employees.
- Works with the Xenium team to benchmark positions and new positions and drafts job descriptions, as needed, with support of Xenium team.
- Attends monthly safety committee, coordinates with Xenium on annual OSHA log for posting and for process set up.
- Works closely with Sr. Facilities Coordinator to ensure compliance and timely workers’ compensation process.
- Participates in the client meetings to discuss HR related assigned topics as needed.
- Maintains the electronic personnel filing system.
- Responds to all unemployment claims and participates in hearings when needed.
- Additional duties as needed
What are the requirements for this position?
- 5-7+ years progressive HR Generalist experience, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field or SPHR/PHR or SCP/CP certification, preferred
- Start up experience within the marketing, technology or media industry, preferred
- Oregon HR experience, required
- HRIS systems experience, preferred
- Ability to navigate multiple information system, preferred
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to advancing racial equity, and diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the workplace.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must demonstrate trustworthiness, confidentiality, initiative and flexibility
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required
- Passion for managing and delivering HR services
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. If you enjoy being part of a collaborative HR team, building relationships, and making a difference in workplaces, we encourage you to apply – even if you believe you don’t meet all of the requirements described.
XeniumHR is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion and offering a learning and team-focused environment.